There are a number of things to consider when preparing for a hot water heater installation.
The water heater in your home is used all of the time and should provide ample hot water during peak hours without costing too much to operate.
Do you want a tank or tankless water heater?
- The tank water heaters usually hold 40 or 50 gallons of water at a preset temperature that is usually set between 120 to 130 degrees. When you use the hot water it is taken from the tank and replaced with cold water which is then heated. You need to choose the size that corresponds with the peak hour of hot water use in your home.
- You need to choose between gas or electric for your tank water heater. If you are already set up for gas then your old heater will typically be set up on gas as well.
- A tankless water heater also know as instantaneous heats the cold water as needed so you do not have to pay to store the hot water but the cost is significantly higher. Over time you should save some money with this option but it typically takes several years to reach your breakeven point.
- At TOBIN, we typically install American Standard water heaters or upon request can get any brand someone is interested i.e. State, Bradford White, Rheem, American etc. for standard tank water heaters. 40 gallon heaters start at $1250 and 50 gallon at $1350 depending on the situation in your home.
- For tankless water heaters, also known as instantaneous water heaters, we carry Navien, Rinnai, Rheem or any other brand you would like. Instantaneous water heaters typically start at $3000.
TOBIN can help you decide what kind of water heater is best for your family based on your needs and budget. Depending on the season we can usually do same day installation or the next day.
For Water Heater Installation Service Call TOBIN at 303.893.5675